Xavier is a partner and the head of the Public Law and Regulatory practice at Baker McKenzie Barcelona. He is also a member of the Steering Committee of International Commercial & Trade Group EMEA+.
Xavier was a founder of a leading local firm in 1988, specializing in public law. In 1992, he joined Baker McKenzie and was based in the Chicago office in 1993 and 1994 before becoming a Principal in 1999. He was Managing Partner of the Barcelona office from 2006 to 2009. Xavier was the former chair of the Baker McKenzie Environmental, Regulatory and Planning practice group in EMEA.
Xavier has broad experience advising national and foreign companies, as well as public institutions, in projects related to investments, infrastructure, acquisition of government-owned assets, works, activities, services and contracts in regulated sectors. He also handles litigation and arbitration in disputes against government bodies and agencies. His practice extends to the negotiation and drafting of PPP instruments, management contracts for government-owned assets, public procurement, concession agreements, administrative operating license schemes and environmental law.
Xavier also practices in real estate law matters, in both regulatory and transactional practice areas.
- Ranked in Environment in Spain, Chambers Europe
- Ranked in Public Law in Spain, Chambers Europe
- Leading Individual, Project and Energy, Legal 500
- Leading Individual, Public Law, Legal 500
- Leading Individual, Real Estate and Construction, Legal 500
- International Law Office (ILO) Client Choice Award 2010 in Environmental Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bar Association of Barcelona - Administrative Law Committee
- Bar Association of Barcelona - Environmental Law Committee
- Barcelona~Spain (1987)
- IESE Business School (2020)
- Center for Creative Leadership (Colorado Springs CO, USA - Beijing, China) (2009)
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management (2000)
- Illinois Bar Association (Introduction to the US Legal System) (1995)
- University of Barcelona (LL.M.) (1986)