Katherine Jordan Tallichet is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Houston office and a member of the Major Projects Practice Group. Prior to joining the Firm, Katherine worked as an intern with Justice Jim Sharp of the Texas First Court of Appeals.
Katherine focuses her practice on upstream energy transactions, with an emphasis on the representation of exploration and production companies in acquisitions and divestitures of producing properties. She also advises clients on bankruptcy matters, the preparation and analysis of purchase and sale agreements, assignments and other oil and gas instruments.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted in the representation of a large commercial bank as first lien agent in an oil and gas Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Assisted in the representation of a US independent oil and gas company in a USD19 million acquisition of onshore oil and gas leases in Texas and Louisiana through bankruptcy proceedings.
- Assisted in the representation of a US independent oil and gas company in a USD302 million divestiture of oil and gas assets in the Utica Shale in Ohio.
- Conducted due diligence in connection with the acquisition of equity in a public-private partnership related to a Texas water pipeline project.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- Houston Bar Association - Member
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas~United States (2016)
- Texas~United States (2014)
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D.) (2014)
- University of Texas at Austin (B.A. High Honors) (2011)
- Bogazici University (2010)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.