Jan J.H. Joosten is a partner in Baker & McKenzie's New York office. He focuses on corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions (public and private), joint ventures and capital markets transactions. In addition, he has extensive experience in representing Dutch and other European companies that do business in the US on a broad range of issues. Mr. Joosten has been recognized by Chambers Global as a Regional Expert in Corporate M&A. He serves as chairman of the Netherland-America Foundation and the President of Leiden University Fund (USA) Inc.
Mr. Joosten focuses his practice on corporate matters that have international aspects, such as cross-border M&A transactions, joint ventures and capital markets transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representation of T-Cell Factory B.V., a Dutch biotechnology company, in its sale to Kite Pharma Inc. Through this acquisition, Kite Pharma gained access to T-Cell Factory's TCR-GENErator technology platform, which rapidly and systematically discovers, characterizes and selects tumor-specific T-cell receptors of therapeutic value.
- Representation of ITT Corporation in acquisitions of: (i) Wolverine Automotive Holdings Inc., the parent company of Wolverine Advanced Materials LLC, a global market leader in technologies for automotive braking systems and sealing solutions across a range of industries; and (ii) Hartzell Aerospace LLC, a leading manufacturer of highly engineered and customized solutions for aerospace environmental control systems.
- Representation of Clinquest Group B.V., a contract research company, in connection with its sale of Clinquest, Inc. (US) and Clinquest Services B.V. (the Netherlands) to Accelovance, Inc., a U.S.-based clinical research organization.
- Representation of Australian conglomerate Brambles Ltd. in connection with the sale of its transport management system LeanLogistics to U.K.-based Kewill Inc., a global provider of supply-chain software.
- Representation of ITmobile B.V., a Dutch fleet telematics company, on the U.S. legal aspects of its sale to Fleet Complete Inc., a Toronto-based provider of fleet telematics and mobile workforce technology.
- Representation of Bioceros Holding B.V., a Netherlands-based biopharma R&D company, in connection with its sale to EPIRUS Biopharmaceuticals in a deal intended to expand the buyer’s biosimilar pipeline and capabilities.
- Representation of Greenbriar Equity Group LLC in connection with the acquisition of AvioServe, a small aircraft engine parts management company, and with a group of investors, converting it into a USD200 million Irish aircraft leasing company, AerGen Aviation Finance Ltd.
- Representation of Van Merksteijn International B.V. in connection with the sale by its subsidiary, Van Merksteijn USA, LLC, of substantially all of its assets to Keystone Consolidated Industries, Inc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member of the Business Law Section and International Law & Practice Section
- International Bar Association - Member of the Business Law Section
- New York State Bar Association
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- American Society of International Law
- New York~United States (1994)
- Amsterdam~The Netherlands (1994-1997)
- Harvard Law School (LL.M.) (1992)
- Leiden University (Master Tax Law) (1991)
- Leiden University (Master Civil Law) (1991)
- Institut d'Etudes Politiques/Paris (Certificate) (1989)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.