Kathryn Johnstone is a member of the Firm’s Global Real Estate Practice Group in Chicago. Her primary focus is in commercial real estate transactions. Ms. Johnstone advises clients on legal matters relevant to commercial real estate projects, including acquisitions, development, financings, leasing and dispositions of commercial, industrial, warehouse, retail and hotel properties and vacant land. She has ample experience in commercial leasing, retail and office developments, and real estate finance, including lot option financing. She also has developed her practice on representation of clients in infrastructure projects and the energy and renewables industry.
Ms. Johnstone’s work has primarily involved commercial real estate transactions including real estate purchases and dispositions, leasing and real estate finance. She has experience managing the commercial real estate portfolios of national and global companies with locations throughout the US and around the world.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a US-based information technologies company in the separation of its business, involving the disposition of 900+ sites worldwide.
- Represented a US-based telecommunications company in connection with the separation of its business into two publicly traded companies.
- Represented a US-based telecommunications company regarding the disposition of its 100+ site global real estate portfolio in connection with the sale of its networking business.
- Represented international premium school operator in the development of a USD60 to 80 million international K-12 schools in downtown Chicago and the greater Houston area.
- Represented the borrowers in a USD425 million direct to capital markets securitized loan transaction secured by five luxury hotels located throughout the US and Mexico.
- Managed US and global real estate portfolios of national and international companies.
"Client Service All-Star," BTI Consulting 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Shedd Aquarium - Auxiliary Board Member
- Illinois~United States (2005)
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D.) (2005)
- Georgetown University (B.A.) (2001)