MBA, lawyer, arbitrator and lecturer with solid background and experience in civil law, real estate, arbitration, construction law and public procurement.
Enrique has wide experience in the design of strategies with a commercial perspective, providing specialized advice in contractual issues, negotiation of different agreements and complex dispute resolution related to infrastructure projects.
According to The Legal 500 (2016 edition): "senior associate Enrique Johanson Cervantes is praised as an ‘excellent lawyer with great command on strategy, litigation and arbitration matters’”.
Enrique was also nominated in the shortlist “Rising Star Awards”, Best rising litigator in Latin America (International Financial Law Review, 2019).
Representative Legal Matters
Successful negotiation representing Fibra II, an Investment Fund, in three strategic deals between 2019-2020: i) the sale of a premium office building (USD 46.4 Million), ii) the sale of an industrial property (USD 20.8 Million), iii) the leasing of premium offices (future cash flow USD 22 Million).
Advisor in contractual matters to real estate companies, construction projects and clients from different industries since 2007.
Successful defense to a transnational mining company in an arbitration related to a complex construction project. Our client eliminated a USD 9 Million contingency (2019).
Successful defense in arbitrations related to infrastructure projects of more than USD 360 Million (2015-2018).
Part of the team that successfully represented the Republic of Peru together with White & Case LLP in the civil complaint filed against Yale University for the recovery of the archaeological artifacts of Machu Picchu.
Participation in the successful defense of mining, agro industrial and energy companies, in arbitration and judicial procedures (2007 to date).
Permanent advisor in contracting matters of a real estate company (2007-2015).
Professional Associations and Memberships
Lima Bar Association - Member
State Contracting Supervisory Agency - Listed Arbitrator
- Peru (2006)
- University of Piura (Candidate for Master's degree in Business Administration) (2018)
- University of Virginia (Certificate PAD MEDEX International Partner Program "Entrepreneurship and Innovation". Darden Business School, Center of Global Initiatives,) (2017)
- Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (Certification in Construction Law) (2012)
- Universidad del Pacifico (Certification in National and International Arbitration Law) (2010)
- Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (Certification in Energy Law) (2010)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Lawyer) (2006)
Enrique is a speaker in academic events related to arbitration and public procurement and a law professor with "Silver Talent" recognition, Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas.
- ¿Todavía es útil analizar la "necesidad" de una ampliación de plazo en arbitrajes de obra pública? In: Justicia en un Click N° 4: Estudio Echecopar - Dispute Resolution Newsletter, April 2018
- ¿Arbitraje ad hoc o institucional? Criterios de elección en base a sus propuestas de valor. In: Justicia en un Click N° 2: Estudio Echecopar - Dispute Resolution Newsletter, October 2017
- Participation in the translation of "Protocolo de demoras y disrupción de la Sociedad de Derecho de la Construcción del Reino Unido,". Peruvian Society of Construction Law website, 3 April 2017