Cameron Jeffrey is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Johannesburg.
Cameron has a particular focus on High Court commercial litigation, domestic and international arbitration, and regulatory advice. He has advised on a number of high-profile cases and his clients include large multinationals across various industry sectors.
Cameron's experience extends to construction and insurance litigation, business rescue proceedings, administrative law reviews, software-related disputes, and other commercial matters primarily arising in South Africa and the Middle East.
He regularly assists large technology, banking and payment sector clients with advice on the South African financial and payments regulation framework.
Cameron also works on several pro bono projects and matters, such as his contribution to the Baker McKenzie Real Rights Resource, which won the Future Generations Award at the 2022 African Legal Awards.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a multinational cloud services entity in successfully defending high-profile High Court litigation against a South African parastatal.
- Advised and represented a US-based private credit firm in prosecuting a complex High Court trade-finance dispute with a large South African insurance provider.
- Advised and represented members of a large group of companies in pursuing business interruption insurance claims in excess of ZAR 500 million against a large insurer in South Africa.
- Advised a South African investment firm in pursuing its claim in excess of ZAR 100 million in a construction arbitration with a local construction partnership.
- Advised a large multinational technology firm in The Government of Dubai Legal Affairs Department arbitration proceedings with a Dubai state entity.
- Advised, prepared and lodged claims on behalf of a Kuwaiti education-sector company in a commercial dispute in the Dubai International Financial Centre Courts.
- Advised and represented several multinational clients in various Dubai International Arbitration Centre disputes.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Legal Practice Council of South Africa
- South Africa (2022)
- University of Cape Town (LLB) (2019)
- University of Cape Town (Bachelor of Social Sciences) (2017)