Adam has over 15 years of experience acting for Australian and international corporate borrowers and financial institutions with a focus on general corporate finance, property finance and leveraged/acquisition finance. Adam also has experience acting for issuers in the Australian and US debt capital markets.
He regularly advises borrowers and financiers in a wide range of local and cross-border financing matters across industry sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Adam handled the following matters:
- Advised a multinational construction, property and infrastructure company in relation to its approximately AUD 4 billion (in aggregate) corporate debt and bonding facilities, and its various Australian, UK and US debt capital market issues; funding arrangements for various of its wholesale unlisted property funds in connection with the establishment and subsequent refinancings of various of their bank debt facilities; its AUD 670 million financing of a retirement village portfolio acquisition; and its AUD 1.1 billion cash advance and bonding facility for the acquisition of a large construction group.
- Advised a multinational building and construction materials company in relation to its key corporate debt and debt capital markets financings; its syndicated bridge acquisition facility in connection with its acquisition of a US-listed company; the acquisition of the remaining interest in its Asian joint venture; and the establishment of a joint venture in relation to certain of its assets.
- Advised a number of large corporate borrowers in respect of the establishment and/or refinancing of their corporate debt facilities (including cash advance facilities, bank guarantee facilities, syndicated pre-export facilities and bilateral facilities with a number of Australian and international financiers).
- Advised various Australian and international financial institutions in relation to facilities provided to various borrowers in connection with the acquisition of a number of prime commercial buildings in the Sydney and Melbourne CBD; the financing of various REIT facilities; and the acquisition and development of other properties in Australia.
- Advised a multinational private equity, alternative asset management and financial services firm in connection with the loan facility provided by them to a large property developer in connection with the acquisition of three separate properties by that developer.
- Advised a large American private equity investment firm in connection with a AUD 1.4 billion leveraged financing of its acquisition of an Australian department store business and a AUD 200 million acquisition of associated property assets, and the subsequent AUD 600 million IPO facility.
- Advised a major food manufacturing business in connection with a AUD 3 billion leveraged financing of its successful takeover of a food manufacturer, marketer and distributor, and the subsequent AUD 1.4 billion IPO financing of that business.
- Advised a leading Russian bank on a USD 1.5 billion financing for the acquisition of licences for certain potash mining rights in the Perm Region of Russia.
- Advised a large international lender in connection with a USD 2.5 billion pre-export finance facility to a large Russian metals producer.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Asia Pacific Loan Market Association - Member
- New South Wales~Australia (2002)