Representative Legal Matters
Represented Wells Fargo as agent with respect to two reserve based loan facilities in the Linn Energy and Berry Petroleum chapter 11 bankruptcy filing and negotiation and documentation of new reserve based loan facilities aggregating USD 2.1 billion on exit.
Represented Calpine Corporation with respect to a USD 2.0 billion debtor-in-possession financing facility in connection with its chapter 11 bankruptcy filing.
Represented Pace Development Corporation plc in the acquisition financing of Dean & Deluca provided by Bank of Siam.
Represented the Pritzker Group in multiple acquisition financing transactions, including various manufacturing entities and the acquisition financing, including ship and fleet mortgages of various cruise and sightseeing fleets in New York, Chicago, District of Columbia, Baltimore and multiple Florida locations.
Represented Siemens Bank (London) as lender in a two tranche (EUR 1.87 billion / USD 1.6 billion) syndicated credit facility.
Represented a New York based hedge fund in the acquisition of English law debt of a Spanish telecommunications company and the subsequent restructuring and new public offering.
Represented various private equity clients in the acquisition financing in the leveraged buyout of various portfolio companies in the transportation, retail, maritime, energy, automotive, manufacturing, healthcare, food services, software, technology industries, outsourcing, publishing, consulting and financial services industries.
Represented various agents, lenders and private and public corporations with respect to investor grade and secured asset based and cash flow working capital lines of credit, equipment financing loans and term loans.
Represented various private equity debt funds and hedge funds in various transactions, including secondary market trades.
Represented various clients in disputes arising out of purchase agreements and merger agreements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- American Nuclear Society - Lifetime Member
- Marine Corps Heritage Foundation - Sustaining Member
- Society of Antiquaries of Scotland - Fellow
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2009)
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States (2007)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2001)
- New York~United States (2020)
- Illinois~United States (1999)
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D. cum laude) (1999)
- Purdue University (M.S.) (1994)
- University of the State of New York (B.S.) (1992)