Andreas Jauch is a senior associate of Baker McKenzie’s Intellectual Property group in Frankfurt. In the past, he has also been part of the IP team in Washington, DC. After his law studies at the Johannes-Gutenberg University in Mainz, Andreas received an LL.M. degree in Intellectual Property Law at the University of Glasgow. Prior to joining the Firm, Andreas completed his legal clerkship at the District Court of Mainz. As part of the clerkship Andreas worked as a research assistant and a law clerk in the intellectual property practice groups of international and domestic law firms in Frankfurt and London.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a German technology company in a series of trade secret infringement disputes against former employees.
- Represented an Asian telecommunications company in trade secret infringement disputes with former employees and consultants.
- Represented a US music equipment company in product imitation disputes against competitor.
- Ongoing representation of NYSE-listed consumer goods and toys company in unfair competition, trademark and copyright disputes and provide trademark portfolio advice.
- Ongoing representation of global software company in unfair competition, trademark and copyright disputes and provide trademark portfolio advice.
- Ongoing representation of US smart-wearables manufacturer in trademark portfolio work.
- Advised Evonik AG on IP issues in divestment of methacrylate business.
- Advised METRO AG on IP issues in divestment of China business.
- Advised VISA on IP issues of acquisition of online payment provider.
- Advised LKQ on IP issues of acquisition of automotive parts supplier.
- Advised Gerresheimer AG on IP issues of acquisition of drug-delivery OEM.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property & Copyright (GRUR) - Member
- German Bar Association (Deutscher Anwaltverein DAV) - Member
- International Bar Association (IBA) - Member
- Germany (2015)
- Regional Court Mainz (Assessor Exam) (2014)
- University of Glasgow (LL.M.) (2012)
- University of Mainz (Referendar Exam) (2011)
- Washington, DC
Co-author (with Johannes Druschel), "Der Schutz von Know-how im deutschen Zivilprozess: Der Status quo und die zu erwartenden Änderungen – Teil 2: Der derzeitige und zukünftige Geheimnisschutz im vorgelagerten Besichtigungsverfahren" (The Protection of Know-How within German Civil Proceedings: The current and future protection of trade secrets within the inspection proceedings), Betriebsberater 2018, p. 1794-1798
Co-author (with Johannes Druschel), "Der Schutz von Know-how im deutschen Zivilprozess: Der Status quo und die zu erwartenden Änderungen – Teil I - Der derzeitige und zukünftige prozessuale Geheimnisschutz im Know-how-Verletzungsverfahren" (The Protection of Know-How within German Civil Proceedings: Status quo and the expected changes), Betriebsberater 2018, p. 1218-1223
Co-author (with Rembert Niebel), "Die UWG-Reform 2015 – ein Überblick über die Auswirkungen in der Praxis" (Overview and Practical Impacts of the Reform of the German Unfair Competition Act 2015), Betriebsberater 5/2016, p. 259-264
Co-author (with Annette Gartner), "GEMA v RapidShare: German Federal Supreme Court Extends Monitoring Obligations for Online File Hosting Providers," European Intellectual Property Review 3/2014, p. 197-200
Co-author of Baker McKenzie’s ‘Global Trade Secret Handbook” (available upon request via https://globalipsuite.bakermckenzie.com/)