Piotr Jaskiewicz has been a member of the Firm's Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group since 2008. Educated in Poland and France, he has worked in the Firm's offices in Warsaw, Chicago, and London, as well as at a Munich-based client, and has worked on and closed transactions around the world.
Mr. Jaskiewicz focuses on complex cross-border and domestic M&A, reorganizations, greenfield investments and corporate compliance. He also advises on corporate governance and general corporate and commercial matters. Mr. Jaskiewicz works with local corporations on foreign expansion and foreign subsidiary management matters, and assists clients in corporate projects worldwide.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on numerous domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, on both buy and sell side, in various sectors, including finance, food, services and manufacturing.
- Ensured legal assistance in placing M&A transaction risk insurance policies, on both the insured and the underwriter side.
- Advised major multinational clients on corporate reorganization projects, in the capacity of both global and regional coordinator (post-acquisition integrations, other structure changes, cash repatriations).
- Advised on local reorganizations and Polish aspects of global reorganization projects, including pre-transaction restructurings, post-acquisition integrations and non-transactional transformations; multiple projects in various sectors, including IT, healthcare, finance, fashion, media and manufacturing.
- Advised global clients on the establishment of outsourcing operations in Poland (global business centers and shared service centers in the banking, travel and engineering industries).
- Advised foreign clients in executing greenfield investments in Poland, including new country entry projects, in the banking, online retail, real estate, manufacturing, hospitality, fashion, technology, food and chemicals sectors.
- Advised Polish clients on expanding abroad and in general foreign subsidiary management matters; ensured comprehensive legal assistance to local clients worldwide.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Bar Association - Member
- Poland (2013)
- Warsaw School of Economics (Post Graduate Diploma Mergers & Acquisitions) (2011)
- Jagiellonian University (Magister Law) (2009)
- Jagiellonian University (Licencjat European Studies) (2008)
- University of Orleans [France] (Master Private Law) (2008)
- Montesquieu University Bordeaux IV (Diploma French Law) (2007)
- Jagiellonian University & CUA Columbus School of Law (Diploma US Law) (2006)
Baker & McKenzie Krzyzowski i Wspólnicy Spólka Komandytowa