Piotr Jaskiewicz joined the Firm in 2008. He is a counsel in the Mergers & Acquisitions and the International Commercial & Trade Practice Groups and is a member of the Compliance & Investigations practice. Educated in Poland and France, he has worked in the Firm's offices in Warsaw, Chicago, and London, as well as at a Munich-based client, and has closed transactions around the world.
Piotr has been recommended in Commercial, Corporate and M&A by The Legal 500 EMEA, and ranked as Notable Practitioner in M&A by IFLR1000.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on numerous domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, on both buy and sell side, in various sectors, including IT, finance, food, services and manufacturing.
- Advised multinational clients on corporate reorganizations, in the capacity of both global and regional coordinator, as well as local counsel (pre-transaction restructurings, post-acquisition integrations, non-transactional structure changes, cash repatriations, in various sectors including IT, healthcare, finance, fashion, media and manufacturing).
- Advised on international commercial transactions, including cross-border supply agreements, service agreements and M&A-related commercial cooperation arrangements.
- Ensured legal assistance in placing M&A transaction risk insurance policies, on both the insured and the underwriter side.
- Advised global clients on executing foreign greenfield investments, including establishing outsourcing (business services), manufacturing and distribution operations, in the banking, online retail, advisory, logistics, real estate, hospitality, fashion, technology, medical devices, food and chemicals sectors.
- Assisted clients in making beneficial ownership determinations on a local and international basis, preparing beneficial ownership documentation, completing customer due diligence processes and managing beneficial ownership information at a group level.
- Advised on implementation and assessment of internal compliance practices, corporate governance rules, whistleblowing regulations, and director liability matters.
- Handled internal compliance investigations, and advised on disciplinary actions against directors and employees.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California
- Warsaw Bar Association
- European Centre for Space Law
- California - United States (2021)
- Poland (2013)
- Warsaw School of Economics (Post Graduate Diploma Mergers & Acquisitions) (2011)
- Jagiellonian University (Magister Law) (2009)
- Jagiellonian University (Licencjat European Studies) (2008)
- University of Orleans [France] (Master Private Law) (2008)
- Montesquieu University Bordeaux IV (Diploma French Law) (2007)
- Jagiellonian University & CUA Columbus School of Law (Diploma US Law) (2006)
- Co-author, "Zatrudnianie pracowników na Ukrainie - prawa i obowiązki" (Employing workers in Ukraine - rights and obligations), Rzeczpospolita, February 2022
- Co-author, "System sądownictwa i ochrona inwestycji na Ukrainie" (Judicial system and protection of investments in Ukraine), Rzeczpospolita, January 2022
- Co-author, "Pomoc publiczna dla inwestycji zagranicznych na Ukrainie" (State aid for foreign investments in Ukraine), Rzeczpospolita, December 2021
- Co-author, "Bezpieczeństwo produktów w USA – wzmożony nadzór administracji prezydenta Bidena" (Increased product safety scrutiny in the United States under the Biden Administration), Rzeczpospolita, December 2021
- Co-author, "Podatki stanowe i lokalne w Stanach Zjednoczonych" (State and local taxes in the United States), Rzeczpospolita, November 2021
- Author, "Prawo pracy w Stanach Zjednoczonych" (Labor law in the United States), Rzeczpospolita, October 2021