Piotr Jaskiewicz joined the Firm in 2008. He is a counsel in the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group and is a member of the Compliance & Investigations practice. Educated in Poland and France, he has worked in the Firm's offices in Warsaw, Chicago, and London, as well as at a Munich-based client, and has closed transactions around the world.
IFLR100 recognized Piotr as Notable Practitioner in M&A.
Piotr focuses on complex M&A, reorganizations and greenfield investments, both cross-border and domestic. He also advises on compliance matters, including corporate governance and policies, anti-money-laundering (AML) and investigations. Piotr works with local corporations on foreign expansion and subsidiary management, and assists clients in corporate and compliance projects worldwide.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on numerous domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, on both buy and sell side, in various sectors, including finance, food, services and manufacturing.
- Ensured legal assistance in placing M&A transaction risk insurance policies, on both the insured and the underwriter side.
- Advised multinational clients on corporate reorganizations, in the capacity of both global and regional coordinator, as well as local counsel (pre-transaction restructurings, post-acquisition integrations, non-transactional structure changes, cash repatriations, in various sectors including IT, healthcare, finance, fashion, media and manufacturing).
- Advised global clients in executing greenfield investments in Poland, including establishing outsourcing (business services) and manufacturing operations, in the banking, online retail, logistics, real estate, hospitality, fashion, technology, food and chemicals sectors.
- Assisted clients in making beneficial ownership determinations on a local and international basis, preparing beneficial ownership documentation, completing customer due diligence processes and managing beneficial ownership information at a group level.
- Advised on implementation and assessment of internal compliance practices, corporate governance rules, and director liability matters.
- Handled internal compliance investigations, and advised on disciplinary actions against directors and employees.
- Advised Polish clients on expanding abroad and in general foreign subsidiary management matters; ensured comprehensive legal assistance to local clients worldwide.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Bar Association - Member
- Poland (2013)
- Warsaw School of Economics (Post Graduate Diploma Mergers & Acquisitions) (2011)
- Jagiellonian University (Magister Law) (2009)
- Jagiellonian University (Licencjat European Studies) (2008)
- University of Orleans [France] (Master Private Law) (2008)
- Montesquieu University Bordeaux IV (Diploma French Law) (2007)
- Jagiellonian University & CUA Columbus School of Law (Diploma US Law) (2006)
- Author, "Odpowiednio się przygotuj, gdy planujesz sprzedaż spółki" (Get your business ready before you sell), Rzeczpospolita, July 2013
- Author, "Sprawdź, czy prawidłowo prowadzisz dokumentację korporacyjną" (Check if your corporate documentation is sound), Rzeczpospolita, November 2012
- Author, "Grande déréglementation: nouvelle qualité dans l’administration polonaise?" (The great deregulation: a new quality in dealing with Polish administration?), Les Echos de Pologne, February 2012
- Co-author, "Koniec anonimowości w spółkach, czyli jak zarządzać danymi o beneficjentach rzeczywistych" (The end of corporate anonymity, or how to manage beneficial ownership data), Rzeczpospolita, February 2020