Piotr Jaskiewicz joined the Firm in 2008. He is a counsel in the International Commercial & Trade and Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Groups, and is a member of the Investigations, Compliance and Ethics practice. Educated in Poland and France, he has worked in the Firm's offices in Warsaw, Chicago, and London, as well as at a Munich-based client, and has closed transactions around the world.
Piotr has been recommended in Commercial, Corporate and M&A by The Legal 500 EMEA, and ranked as Notable Practitioner in M&A by IFLR1000.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on numerous domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, on both buy and sell side, in various sectors, including IT, finance, food, services and manufacturing.
- Advised on implementation and assessment of internal compliance programs, corporate governance rules, and whistleblowing regulations.
- Advised on sanctions compliance matters, including asset unfreezing and other sanctions licensing procedures, advisory opinions, process assessments and improvements, and other aspects of sanctions compliance.
- Handled internal compliance investigations, and advised on disciplinary actions against directors and employees.
- Advised on international commercial transactions, including cross-border supply agreements, service agreements and M&A-related commercial cooperation arrangements.
- Advised global clients on executing foreign greenfield investments, including establishing outsourcing (business services), manufacturing and distribution operations, in the banking, online retail, advisory, logistics, real estate, hospitality, fashion, technology, medical devices, food and chemicals sectors.
- Assisted clients in making beneficial ownership determinations on a local and international basis, preparing beneficial ownership documentation, completing customer due diligence processes and managing beneficial ownership information at a group level.
- Advised multinational clients on corporate reorganizations, in the capacity of both global and regional coordinator, as well as local counsel (pre-transaction restructurings, post-acquisition integrations, non-transactional structure changes, cash repatriations, in various sectors including IT, healthcare, finance, fashion, media and manufacturing).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California
- Warsaw Bar Association
- European Centre for Space Law
- California~United States (2021)
- Poland (2013)
- Warsaw School of Economics (Post Graduate Diploma Mergers & Acquisitions) (2011)
- Jagiellonian University (Magister Law) (2009)
- Jagiellonian University (Licencjat European Studies) (2008)
- University of Orleans [France] (Master Private Law) (2008)
- Montesquieu University Bordeaux IV (Diploma French Law) (2007)
- Jagiellonian University & CUA Columbus School of Law (Diploma US Law) (2006)
- Co-author, "Ukraina: wymogi w zakresie compliance dla międzynarodowych przedsiębiorstw" (Ukraine: compliance requirements for international businesses), Rzeczpospolita, February 2022
- Co-author, "Zatrudnianie pracowników na Ukrainie - prawa i obowiązki" (Employing workers in Ukraine - rights and obligations), Rzeczpospolita, February 2022
- Co-author, "System sądownictwa i ochrona inwestycji na Ukrainie" (Judicial system and protection of investments in Ukraine), Rzeczpospolita, January 2022
- Co-author, "Pomoc publiczna dla inwestycji zagranicznych na Ukrainie" (State aid for foreign investments in Ukraine), Rzeczpospolita, December 2021
- Co-author, "Bezpieczeństwo produktów w USA – wzmożony nadzór administracji prezydenta Bidena" (Increased product safety scrutiny in the United States under the Biden Administration), Rzeczpospolita, December 2021
- Co-author, "Podatki stanowe i lokalne w Stanach Zjednoczonych" (State and local taxes in the United States), Rzeczpospolita, November 2021