Representative Legal Matters
Advised a leading video streaming service on EU consumer laws and German unfair competition matters, including litigation.
Advised leading social media platforms on the implementation of the German hate speech law (NetzDG) and trainings for notice and takedown teams, advise on the requirements of the neighboring right for press publishers (Art. 15 Copyright Directive) as well as advise on notice and takedown procedure regarding copyright law and trademark law.
Advised a leading video game and eSports company on advertisement regulations for alcohol in 27 different jurisdictions and advertisement restrictions for crypto currency exchanges in 26 jurisdictions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- European Legal Technology Association e.V.- Member
- Robotics & AI Law Society (RAILS) e.V. - Member
- Germany (2001)
- Higher Regional Court of Dusseldorf (Second State Exam) (2020)
- National University of Singapore (Master of Laws (Intellectual Property and Technology Law)) (2018)
- Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (First State Exam, Master of Business Law and Economic Law) (2017)
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.