Kirsten is a skilled commercial litigator experienced in complex commercial litigation issues regarding breach of contract, fraud, and labor/employment. She represents corporations and high net worth individuals in an array of civil litigation matters, domestic and international arbitrations, as well as internal and regulatory compliance investigations.
Kirsten has worked on a number of civil litigation matters, focusing on employment discrimination, including single and multi-plaintiff discrimination matters and investigations, involving claims under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Age Discrimination Employment Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act before state and federal courts.
She has also served as counsel in domestic and international arbitrations, regarding contract, construction, and investment, before the ICC and AAA.
Kirsten has also represented individuals and corporations in internal investigations, regulatory investigations, and proceedings brought by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), as well as the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).
She has extensive experience with discovery, e-discovery platforms, discovery and privilege disputes, and has managed large scale document productions. She also has extensive experience in interviewing and deposing witnesses and experts. She often works closely with experts to manage their workflow, communications with clients, and develop their final work-product.
Kirsten will be clerking in the Southern District of Mississippi in 2021.
Representative Legal Matters
Represented multiple energy companies in construction, investment, and contract disputes before the ICC.
Represented consumer electronics company in a Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States investigation.
Represented health care and life sciences company in internal investigation related to equipment failure.
Defended a venture capital fund in a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority investigation.
Represented environmental corporation in federal antitrust litigation.
Defended institute of higher learning and tele-communications company in gender, age, race and disability discrimination actions.
Defended entertainment company in single plaintiff and multi-plaintiff age and race discrimination matters.
Advised healthcare company on work-place practices related to data privacy.
Drafted an amicus brief to the United States Supreme Court for Brett Jones v. State of Mississippi, No. 18-1259.
Represented undocumented minor in Special Immigrant Juvenile (SIJ) classification before Bronx County Family Court.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- International Chamber of Commerce, Young Arbitrators Forum
- New York~United States (2019)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York~United States (2019)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (2019)
- University of Virginia School of Law (JD) (2018)
- University of Kentucky (BA) (2012)
- Co-author, SEC Proposes to Overhaul Rules Governing Investment Adviser Advertising and Referral Arrangements, Baker McKenzie Insight, 12 November 2019
- Assisted, Argentina’s Delay in Paying the Suez ICSID Award, Baker McKenzie Insight, 26 February 2019
- Assisted, Fine-Tuning Your Service of Process Clause, New York Law Journal, 23 March 2017
- Assisted, Aly v. Hanzada Import & Export, Ltd., No. 16-3353, Lexology, 23 March 2017