Ian Jack is a partner in the Banking & Finance Practice Group in the Firm’s London office and is a member of the Firm's Global Restructuring & Insolvency team. Ian is also variously recognised as a leading individual in Chambers UK and Legal 500 for his restructuring, project and acquisition finance experience.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising on Lufthansa's sale of British Midland International (BMI) to British Airways owner International Consolidated Airlines Group (IAG).
- Acting for the steering committee of creditors (comprising bondholders, commercial banks, trade finance creditors and official government sector creditors) in relation to the restructuring of the USD16.7 billion of financial indebtedness of JSC BTA Bank, the leading Kazakh bank (Euromoney 2010, Central and Eastern European Deal of the Year and nominated for IFLR 2010 Restructuring Deal of the Year, with Baker McKenzie also nominated for IFLR's 2010 Restructuring Team of the Year).
- Acting for Autostrada Wielkopolska II S.A. and the project sponsors, Kulczyk Holding S.A, Meridiam and Strabag in connection with the EUR1.6 billion project financing for the construction and operation of Section II of the A2 toll motorway in Poland, a section of the Berlin to Moscow highway.
Representing Izmir Liman Isletmeciligi AS, a consortium company formed by international and local industry and financial parties, in connection with the financing of the privatization of Izmir Port, Turkey.
Acting for PrimaCom in relation to the refinancing and settlement of its senior and second secured debt in excess of EUR1 billion through the sale of Multikabel and the borrowing of EUR280 million senior debt and EUR69 million senior secured notes.
- Acting for Sonae on the debt financing of its unsolicited bid for Portugal Telecom. The debt package comprised more than EUR14 billion in total.
- Acting for Optimus Telecomunicações, S.A in relation to the EUR575 million refinancing of its 2G and financing of its 3G networks in Portugal.
- Acting for Royal Bank of Canada as lead arranger of GBP385 million facilities for the acquisition of National Car Parks for 3i Plc and in connection with the negotiation of additional subordinated debt.
- Advised 3i and STAR Capital Partners on the LBO of SR Technics and follow-on acquisition and refinancing by SR Technics.
- Acting for Deutsche Bank in relation to the financing of its acquisition of České Radiokomunikace.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1990)
- College of Law at Guildford (L.S.F.) (1988)
- University of Exeter (LL.B.) (1987)
- JIEB Qualified