Mohsin Iqbal is a member of the Firm’s Global Projects and Banking & Finance groups and is based in the Firm's Dubai office. Mr. Iqbal mainly practices in the area of banking, project and Islamic finance, and is consistently ranked in Chambers Global as a recognised expert for Projects in Qatar.
Mr. Iqbal has a broad finance practice covering transactional banking, project finance (both finance and development aspects), acquisition finance and Islamic finance (including Sukuk transactions) that spans over nine years across the GCC region. He also has extensive experience acting on multi-sourced and ECA-supported financings.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Mohsin handled the following matters:
- Advising an American multinational investment banking and financial services corporation (as arranger) in connection with a USD 320 million conventional and Shari’ah compliant financing arranged for General Atlantic / Warburg Pincus (as sponsors) to fund the acquisition of a leading emerging markets e-payments group.
- Advising Manhattan Capital in connection with a USD 18 million Shari'ah compliant Murabaha financing arranged by NBK Capital Partners to acquire educational assets in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Advising Banque Saudi Fransi in connection with a SAR 600 million Shari'ah compliant Murabaha facility to partially fund the acquisition by the Abraaj Group and TPG Capital (as sponsors) of a major food retailer in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Advising leading UAE-based cement manufacturing company in connection with a USD 100 million Shari’ah compliant Murabaha facility arranged by a major regional Islamic bank.
- Advising the State of Qatar, acting through the Ministry of Economy and Finance, in connection with a USD 1.5 billion state guaranteed Shari'ah compliant murabaha financing for Qatari Diar Real Estate Investment Company.
- Advising QInvest LLC as mandated lead arranger in connection with a USD 100 million senior secured conventional and Shari’ah compliant term financing for a leading luxury retail group in Turkey.
- Advising the underwriters with respect to the USD 4 billion sovereign sukuk issued by the State of Qatar.
- Advising the mandated export credit agencies on the proposed multi-billion dollar project financing of a petrochemical complex in Ras Laffan, State of Qatar.
- Advising Mesaieed Petrochemical Holding Company (a Qatar Petroleum subsidiary) on its full retail IPO and listing on the Qatar Exchange in 2014, Qatar’s first IPO since 2010.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2003)
- University of London (King's College) (LLM Banking and Finance Law) (1999)
- University of London (Queen Mary) (LLB) (1998)
Habib Al Mulla & Partners is a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.