Vanessa is currently an associate in Baker McKenzie's funds management (ERIC) team in Sydney, Australia. Vanessa focuses on investment funds and financial services sectors, advising a full range of investor types, including private equity, infrastructure funds, alternative capital providers and real estate investment trusts.
Vanessa has relevant experience in the funds management space in relation to establishing trust structures, fund restructures, corporate transactions in the funds industry and advising on Australian financial services issues. Vanessa has worked across all major asset classes and with a range of funds, including retail and wholesale funds, listed and unlisted funds, structured products and alternative investments.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on the ASX-listed investment trust (NB Global Corporate Income Trust (ASX code: NBI)) secondary capital raising of AUD 476.3 million.
- Advised AMB Capital Partners and Coolabah Capital Investments in connection with CCI’s successful acquisition of 50% stakeholding in Smarter Money Investments Pty Ltd from Yellow Brick Road Holdings Limited (an ASX-listed company).
- Advised AMB Capital Partners (as the seller) on the sale of its 22.5% equity interest in CCI to Pinnacle Investment Management Ltd.
- Advised the Blackstone Group on lending compliance and regulatory matters in relation to various Blackstone portfolios.
- Acted for Deka Australia Management Two Pty Ltd as trustee for Deka Australia Management Two Trust on its acquisition of 452 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- Advisor to professional trustees across asset classes and investor markets. For example, advised Equity Trustees as external trustee for the Octopus Renewable Energy Opportunity Fund (Fund) with Octopus Investments Aust Pty Ltd as the manager of the fund.
- Advised Home Consortium on its internal fund restructuring ahead of the ASX listing of its HomeCo Daily Needs REIT, housing a portfolio of predominantly metro convenience assets and is expected to be managing at least 15 properties across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth when it lists, with an initial AUD 900 million asset value.
- Advisor to Credit Suisse in respect of various matters and transactions such as change of trustee for the Collins Street Melbourne Trust.
- Advised Invesco Australia Limited on the launch of the Invesco Credit Partners Opportunities 2020 Fund.
- Advised Asian Development Bank in relation to the establishment of the Climate Action Catalyst Fund involving a review of its Information Memorandum, Contribution Agreement, Implementation Guidelines and investment strategy.
Co-author, ASIC consults on product intervention powers, LexisNexis Financial Services Newsletter, August 2019.
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.