Teresa Ientile is a Special Counsel in the Banking & Finance team at Baker McKenzie, Sydney. Her practice focuses on advising financial institutions and corporate counterparties on the structuring and documentation of swaps and derivatives and related netting legislation, and on derivatives regulation. Teresa also has extensive experience in advising on corporate finance facilities, syndicated lending, project finance and structured products. Teresa has previously worked in Baker McKenzie's Melbourne and London offices.
Teresa's primary focus is the documentation of all forms of derivatives products. She has a broad range of transactional experience with interest rate, currency, commodity, equity, credit and fund derivatives transactions, emissions trading documentation and more complex derivatives (including complex credit default swaps, fund-linked derivatives, leveraged products and capital guaranteed products). She advises generally on the ISDA Master Agreements and related credit support documentation, AFMA documentation, and Australian netting legislation and derivatives regulation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a number of Australian corporate borrowers on foreign currency hedging documentation for foreign note issues.
- Advising developer of large-scale wind farms on hedging documentation for long term project financing related to clean energy project.
- Advising various Australian and foreign clients on implementation of Australian margin requirements for non-cleared derivatives.
- Reviewing and advising on client in-house collateral and netting documentation for purposes of netting opinions.
- Advising a financial institution on derivatives contracts with Australian statutory corporations and life funds
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Australian Financial Markets Association - Member, Non-Cleared Margining Group
- Australian Financial Markets Association - Member, Derivatives Trade Reporting Group
- Victoria~Australia (2005)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1990)
- New South Wales~Australia (1984)
- University of Sydney (LL.B.) (1984)
- University of Sydney (Bachelor of Economics) (1982)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.