Peter focuses his practice on advising boards, CEOs and other senior executives. He has been involved in major mergers and acquisitions, and other corporate transactions, for more than 25 years. Peter applies, for the benefit of his clients, a unique insight garnered from his own involvement in corporate decision making over almost three decades.
An acknowledged leader in the provision of legal services to the media and entertainment sector, he also has many clients in the manufacturing and resources sectors, and participates at board level with a number of public charitable organizations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted in mergers and acquisitions and other substantial transactions for, and as exclusive or primary legal adviser to, significant international and local corporations over more than three decades. Clients include Daily Mail, MailOnline, Euromoney, Southern Cross Austereo, Viacom, MTV Networks, Nova Entertainment, Seven Network, Fairfax Radio, Network Ten, Amcor, Orora, Smith & Nephew, AXA Asia Pacific Holdings, National Mutual, AMP, Colonial Mutual, Standard Chartered Bank, National Australia Bank, ABN Amro, BHP Billiton, AED Oil, East Puffin and Broken Hill Holdings.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Deafness Foundation - Chairman and President
- Brighton Grammar School Council and Committees - Deputy Chairman and Chairman of the Governance and Risk
- Southern Autistic School SDS - Former Chairman
- Australian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong - Former Deputy Chairman
- Board of Glendonald School for Deaf Children - Former Member
- Law Reform Commission of Victoria - Former Member
- Hong Kong (1993)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1992)
- New South Wales~Australia (1990)
- Australian Capital Territory~Australia (1988)
- Western Australia~Australia (1988)
- Victoria~Australia (1985)
- High Court of Australia~Australia (1985)