Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Murtuza completed the following matters:
Advised on the tax aspects relating to equity consolidations and restructurings.
Represented issuer and advised on the tax aspects of a USD 300 million senior debt securities offering.
Advised financial institutions on the Texas tax consequences of renewable power projects.
Represented a private equity sponsor in the tax aspects of the USD 1.6 billion sale of a midstream company's equity investment.
Represented a private equity sponsor focused on the upstream and midstream sectors of the oil and gas industry in connection with the tax aspects of forming multiple private equity funds.
Represented a private equity sponsor in the tax aspects of the USD 325 million sale of the owner and operator of a multipart crude oil and frac sand logistics system originating in the heart of the Delaware Basin.
Advised multiple private equity firms and their affiliates on the tax aspects of the formation, fundraising, and operation of dual working interest/NPI funds.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas; Tax Section - Member
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants - Member
- Houston CPA Society - Member
- American Bar Association; Taxation Section - Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association - Member
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2019)
- Texas~United States (2016)
- Certified Public Accountant~United States (2016)
- New York University School of Law (LLM) (2017)
- University of Houston Law Center (JD) (2016)
- University of Houston Law Center & Bauer College of Business (MBA) (2016)
- University of Texas, San Antonio (BBA) (2012)