Representative Legal Matters
- Securing dismissal of claims against a German-based infrastructure contractor sued in a South Texas class action brought by alleged victims of Gulf War Syndrome.
- Obtaining a USD 6 million jury verdict in favor of a Brazilian company defrauded by US citizens in the formation of a technology start-up company.
- Securing dismissal of a USD 4 million wrongful termination claim brought against a medical device company by a former distributor, following a contested arbitration hearing.
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2006-2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- American Arbitration Association - Neutral, Large and Complex Case Panel
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit~United States (2000)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit~United States (1999)
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States (1987)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (1982)
- Texas~United States (1982)
- University of Texas (J.D. Honors) (1981)
- McMurry College (B.A. Highest Honors) (1978)
Author, Fundamentals of Courtroom Delivery, Litigation, American Bar Association, Fall 2009
Co-author (with Doak Bishop), Strategic Considerations When Representing Clients in International Litigation, Business Law International, International Bar Association Business Law Section, January 2001