Frenk Huisman co-heads the Real Estate Practice in Baker McKenzie, Amsterdam. He mainly acts for international investors, developers and corporates in the financial, TMT and energy and infrastructure sectors in real estate and construction law matters. Frenk is ranked and recommended as a leading practitioner in Chambers and Legal 500.
Frenk's practice focuses on real estate investments, real estate development, construction law, commercial leasing and public private partnerships.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising LRC Group and Aroundtown Property on their more than EUR 600 million Dutch property investments.
- Advising a Dutch property investor on the redevelopment of a large shopping mall, dealing with construction related issues and renegotiating retail leases.
- Advising US developer-investor Greystar on its European residential investments and development projects.
- Advising Equinix on real estate and REIT related matters regarding its acquisition of Telecity and its divestment of a number of assets to Digital Realty.
- Advising EdgeConneX on the acquisition and development of its Amsterdam data center assets, and on a co-location and lease agreement with Microsoft.
- Advising a Middle East sovereign wealth fund and its local partner on a more than EUR 300 million Dutch property investment platform.
- Advising Spanish conglomerate Sacyr on Dutch State procured infrastructure DBFM(O) concessions.
- Advised Morgan Stanley on the disposal of a power plant site in the Netherlands.
- Assisting a joint venture of Dow Chemical Company and port authority Zeeland Seaports on the development and investment sale of Maintenance Valuepark. Advised on the sale strategy (in cooperation with JLL), the acquisition and sale of the land, the environmental planning process, the development contracts and the leases.
- Advising the Danish world leading jewellery producer Pandora on a Fidic-based contract suite for the development of a new sustainable production facility in Lamphun, Thailand.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Sdu Vermande (development and engineering contracts) - Lecturer
- Magna Charta Academy (international construction and development contracts) - Lecturer
- Netherlands Middle East Business Council, VNO-NCW - Board Member
- Netherlands Society for Construction Law (Vereniging voor Bouwrecht) - Member
- Netherlands Society for Construction Law for Lawyers (Vereniging voor Bouwrecht advocaten) - Member
- Netherlands (1998)
- Grotius Academy (Post Graduate Course Property Law)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.