Jennifer Hughes is a partner in the Environmental Markets team at Baker McKenzie, Sydney. Jennifer has over 15 years' experience advising on environmental and planning law. She also holds a science degree with majors in ecology and biology, and regularly writes articles and presents on environmental topics.
Jennifer advises government, developers and industry on issues relating to town planning, contaminated land, hazardous materials, environmental licensing, waste management and regulation, supply chain compliance, heritage, Aboriginal land claims and pollution incidents.
Jennifer assists clients to obtain development and environmental licences and approvals, to acquire and divest industrial and contaminated land and to manage on-going environmental compliance and environmental incidents.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- WMAA NSW Landfill Working Group - Committee Member
- International Solid Waste Association - Member
- Environmental and Planning Law Association - Member
- Waste Management Association of Australia (WMAA) - Member
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2011)
- New South Wales~Australia (1996)
- University of Sydney (LL.B.) (1995)
- University of Sydney (B.Sc.) (1994)