Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Kirby handled the following matters:
Defended directors and officers in securities class action in federal court.
Represented blockchain technology company in an SEC investigation.
Defended foreign law firm in business-tort action in state court.
Represented foreign technology company in defamation action in state court.
Defended individual in fraudulent-transfer action brought by SEC-appointed receiver in state court.
- California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States
- Harvard Law School (JD) (2016)
- Cornell University (BS Applied Economics and Management) (2011)
- Co-author, "After Oral Argument in 'Liu' Case, SCOTUS Poised to Curtail SEC's Broad Use of Disgorgement," The Recorder, 5 March 2020
- Co-author, “Cryptocurrencies and ICOs: An SEC enforcement perspective,” Thomson Reuters, March 2018
- Co-author, “Finras focus on UITs,” Investment News, October 2017
- Co-author, “The growing menace of ‘short and distort’ campaigns,” Westlaw Journal, August 2017