Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Kirby handled the following matters:
Defended directors and officers in securities class action in federal court.
Represented blockchain technology company in an SEC investigation.
Defended foreign law firm in business-tort action in state court.
Represented foreign technology company in defamation action in state court.
Defended individual in fraudulent-transfer action brought by SEC-appointed receiver in state court.
- California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States
- Harvard Law School (JD) (2016)
- Cornell University (BS Applied Economics and Management) (2011)
- Co-author, "Could the SEC Use Dealer Registration Requirements to Target Investors in PIPE Transactions?" Hedge Fund Law Report, 5 November 2020
- Co-author, "Defending Against COVID-19 Tuition Refund Class Actions," Law360, 8 June 2020
- Co-author, "9th Circ. Denials Sustain Consumer Arbitration Hurdles," Law360, 27 April 2020
- Co-author, "The CCPA Is Here. Watch Out!" Ethisphere, March 2020
- Co-author, "After Oral Argument in 'Liu' Case, SCOTUS Poised to Curtail SEC's Broad Use of Disgorgement," The Recorder, 5 March 2020