Emily has considerable experience in assisting and representing clients in banking and finance matters. She also focuses her practice in the areas of M&A, general corporate and securities.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advise local and foreign corporations on general corporate, banking and financial regulations.
- Assist major local and foreign corporations in their mergers and acquisitions and financing projects.
- Assist foreign companies to apply for initial public offerings in Taiwan.
- Acted for an Australian banking group in its sale of retail and wealth management business in Taiwan to a Singapore bank by way of spinoff.
- Acted for a Taiwan financial holding company in connection with its merger with another Taiwan financial holding company.
- Acted for a Belgian insurance company in the establishment of an insurance branch in Taiwan.
- Acted for a US private equity fund in connection with its business merger with a Taiwan electric scooter tech firm.
- Acted for a British multinational consumer goods company in connection with its acquisition of a US cosmetics company in Taiwan.
- Acted for a Taiwan IC design company in connection with its issuance of global depositary receipts.
- Acted for a Taiwan listed company in connection with its issuance of USD 549 million global depositary receipts.
- Acted for a Taiwan semiconductor company in connection with its issuance of USD 190 million global depositary receipts.
- Acted for a Taiwan container shipping company in connection with its issuance of USD 300 million European convertible bonds.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taipei Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York~United States (2013)
- Taipei~Taiwan (2008)
- University of Illinois (LLM Law) (2012)
- National Taiwan University (LLB) (2006)
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.