Janine Howard is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate and M&A Practice Group in Johannesburg. She is a guest lecturer in mineral law at the University of Cape Town and has presented various papers focusing on corporate social responsibility and the mining industry in South Africa.
Janine has assisted in a number of transactions concerning mining law with an emphasis on Black Economic Empowerment and the regulatory framework governing mining in South Africa.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Hansen & Genwest Proprietary Limited (part of the Kopex Group) on their Black Economic Empowerment deal, valued at ZAR125 million.
- Advised on the South African leg of the global sale of the ABB Group Full Service Business Unit to Nordic Capital.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of the Northern Provinces - Member
- South Africa (2016)
- University of Cape Town (Master of Laws) (2014)
- University of Cape Town (LLB) (2011)
- University of Cape Town (Bachelor of Arts) (2009)