Janine Howard is a director designate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate M&A Practice Group in Johannesburg.
Janine has experience in public and private corporate transactions and mergers and acquisitions, with particular focus on private equity, private M&A and Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE).
Janine has worked extensively on cross-border transactions across a number of sectors, including financial services, logistics, food and agriculture, technology, mining and resources.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Bidvest Group Limited on its acquisition of the Noonan management group which is headquartered in Ireland. *
- Advised Coca-Cola Beverages Africa on its acquisition of Castel Malawi’s Southern Bottlers. *
- Advised First Carlyle Growth V on its acquisition of Amalgamated Electronic Corporation Limited. *
- Advised Foodcorp Proprietary Limited, a subsidiary of RCL Foods Limited on its acquisition of the Sunshine Bakery group, one of South Africa's largest independent baking businesses, from AFGRI Group Holdings and the founders. *
- Advised Pan African Resources PLC in the sale if its Uitkomst colliery to Coal of Africa Limited. *
- Advised RCL Foods Limited on the unwinding of their Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) structure. *
- Advised the sellers of the Mastrantonio catering business to Bidvest Catering Services Proprietary Limited. *
* Experience obtained prior to joining Baker McKenzie
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of South Africa
- South Africa (2016)
- University of Cape Town (LLM) (2014)
- University of Cape Town (LLB) (2011)
- University of Cape Town (BA) (2009)