Meghan Houston is an associate in the Washington, DC office, and a member of the Global Immigration & Mobility Practice Group. Prior to joining the Firm, she focused on corporate immigration, including I-9 compliance. A former clerk for the Kentucky Court of Appeals, Ms. Houston also volunteers for Catholic Charities, representing immigrant domestic violence victims and asylum seekers.
Ms. Houston represents clients in matters concerning immigrant and non-immigrant visas, H-2B Certification, PERM Labor Certification, adjustment of status, and naturalization applications before US Citizenship & Immigration Services, the Department of Labor, and the Department of State. She also counsels multinational corporations on the movement of personnel across the globe, with focus on expatriates in Europe, the Middle East, Australia, India, and the Americas.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Kentucky (2013)
- Kentucky~North America (2013)
- Ohio (inactive) (2012)
- Ohio (inactive)~North America (2012)
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Kentucky (J.D. magna cum laude) (2012)
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Kentucky (Licencee magna cum laude) (2012)
- Centre College (B.A. cum laude) (2009)
- Centre College (Law & Business Degree cum laude) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.