Stefanie Höpfner graduated from Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile Law School in 2016, and joined the Firm’s Dispute Resolution Group in Santiago as a junior associate in May 2017. She has previously been a teaching assistant at the same university for the course on Constitutional Law, between 2013 and 2015.
Stefanie focuses her practice on dispute resolution, arbitration and litigation. She is particularly involved in civil, commercial, construction and technology matters. She has participated in wide-ranging disputes related to breach and termination of contracts, infrastructure projects and EPC contracts, technology, restructuring and insolvency, among others, advising Chilean and international companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in the representation of a multinational company in an international arbitration regarding the breach of an EPC contract, additional works, compensation, and deadline extension.
- Participated in the judicial restructuration of the assets and liabilities of a Chilean retail company.
- Participated in the defense of a North American distribution company in a commercial litigation regarding breach and termination of contracts.
- Participated in the representation of a North American company in a commercial litigation regarding contractual liability.
- Participated in the judicial restructuration of the assets and liabilities of a Chilean mining company.
- Chile (2017)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (Diploma in Advanced Strategic Negotiation and Leadership) (2020)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (LL.B.) (2016)
Baker & McKenzie Ltda. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.