Koen Hoornaert is a senior associate in the Corporate Finance Practice Group of the Brussels office. He joined Baker McKenzie in 2011.
Koen worked as a teaching assistant in Insolvency Law and International Business Transactions at KULeuven's Institute for Commercial and Insolvency Law in 2011 to 2017. Currently, he also works as a voluntary scientific collaborator.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Sodexo on its acquisition of Xpenditure.
- Advised Korys Investments NV and Etablissementen Franz Colruyt NV on the acquisition of the Newpharma group.
- Advised SUEZ on its acquisition from General Electric of its GE Water business.
- Advised Nissha Printing Co., Ltd., on its acquisition of AR Metallizing NV.
- Advised Tennant Company on its acquisition of IP Cleaning S.p.A.
- Advised Abbott on the sale of its generics business to Mylan.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- AmCham Belgium, Government Relations Forum and Young Professionals Committee - Member
- University Foundation - Member
- MUN Society Belgium - Co-Founder
- Belgian American Educational Foundation - Fellow
- Francqui Foundation - Fellow
- Lazard Foundation - Fellow
- Institute for International Economic Law at Georgetown University - Fellow
- Brussels~Belgium (2011)
- New York~United States (2011)
- American University, Washington College of Law (Exchange Student) (2017)
- University of Antwerp (Masters in American Studies magna cum laude) (2011)
- Georgetown University Law Center (2010)
- Ghent University (JD magna cum laude) (2009)