David Holland is a partner in the Sydney office of Baker McKenzie, and leads the Firm's Asia Pacific Capital Markets group as well as the Australian Capital Markets team. He advises governments and major corporates on proposed trade sales, purchases and initial public offerings. David has been active on some of Australia's largest merger transactions in recent times and is recognised as a leading M&A lawyer.
David's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and securities law, focusing on public company takeovers and mergers, Australian Securities Exchange rules and initial public offerings, capital raisings, securities issues and corporate governance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for the Federal and State Governments on major privatisations.
- Advising on major mergers, including by way of schemes of arrangement.
- Advising industry-leading resources companies on acquisitions and restructuring.
- Advising on large-scale public takeovers.
- Acting on major equity capital markets transactions, including on initial public offerings and rights issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales
- New South Wales~Australia (1996)
- University of New South Wales (LL.B.) (1994)
- University of New South Wales (Bachelor of Commerce) (1992)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.