Chris Hogan is an English solicitor and a senior counsel in the Banking & Finance Practice Groups in London and Johannesburg. Chris was permanently based in the firm’s Johannesburg office from 2014 to 2019. Prior to that he had been a partner in the London office since 1995. Chris now divides his time between London and Johannesburg.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Sibanye Gold Limited, an international gold and platinum metals mining group, in connection with their international and domestic syndicated credit facilities.
- Advised Aspen Pharmacare, the international pharma group head-quartered in South Africa, in connection with its international syndicated credit facilities.
- Advised Standard Chartered Bank, as arranger, in connection with a dollar term loan facility for MOGS Storage for the financing of the acquisition of a majority shareholding in Ghana Petroleum Mobile Mooring Systems Limited.
- Advised the National Treasury of Kenya, as borrower, in a connection with SACE-backed syndicated loan facilities.
- Advising KfW and the Development Bank of South Africa in connection with a USD 81 million loan facility for the Republic of Angola.
Convertible bonds experience
- Acting for Credit Suisse as arranger of an issue convertible bonds by Bank BPH, a leading Polish bank.
- Acting for Citibank as arranger of an issue of mandatorily convertible bonds by Galnaftogaz.
- Acting for Infodisc as issuer of zero coupon convertible bonds.
- Acting for OTPP in connection with an issue of privately placed convertible bonds by Green Dragon Gas.
- Acting for Asia View Limited as issuer of guaranteed convertible bonds.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Scotland and Wales - Member
- Institute of Southern African Business Advisors - Member