Tom D. Hoffmann is an associate in the Corporate & Securities Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Chicago office. While in law school, Mr. Hoffmann was an 1843 scholar, the editor-in-chief of the Saint Louis University Public Law Review, and inducted into the Order of the Woolsack. He also externed at Unigroup Inc. advising on general corporate matters.
Mr. Hoffmann advises public and private companies on a broad range of transactional matters, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, securities law compliance, and global reorganizations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a Fortune 100 company on the global spin-off of its automotive business in multiple EMEA jurisdictions, including asset, employee, and subsidiary transfers.
- Advised Safran S.A. on the sale of its Morpho Detection business.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Chicago Council on Global Affairs - Member
- Illinois~United States (2015)
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D. magna cum laude) (2015)
- Loyola University Chicago (B.A. Economics magna cum laude) (2012)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.