Dipl.-Ing. Alexandre Hoffmann is a German and European patent attorney in the Intellectual Property group in Munich. He studied electrical engineering and was a consultant in IT before focusing on patent law. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie as a senior associate, Alexandre Hoffmann worked for more than six years with a renowned German patent law firm. He has profound experience in advising clients in patent prosecution and litigation proceedings.
Representative Legal Matters
Before joining the Firm, he:
- Represented an automotive supplier in several patent litigation proceedings involving standard-essential patents in the field of mobile communication technology.
- Represented a chip manufacturer and a consumer electronics company in patent infringement proceedings and nullity proceedings in the field of graphics chip technology.
- Represented a mobile communication device manufacturer in several patent infringement and nullity proceedings against a leading manufacturer of communication network components involving standard-essential patents.
- Represented a communication technology company in patent litigation proceedings involving video streaming.
- Represented a consumer electronics company in several opposition proceedings before the European Patent Office.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property & Copyright (GRUR) - Member
- Association of Intellectual Property Experts (VPP) - Member
- Licensing Executives Society (LES) - Member
- German Patent and Trademark Office~Germany (2018)
- German Federal Patent Court~Germany (2018)
- European Patent Office~Germany and Netherlands (2018)
- European Union Intellectual Property Office~Spain (2018)
- University of Hagen (Law for patent attorneys) (2017)
- German Patent and Trademark Office (Patent Bar Exam) (2017)
- Technical University of Munich (Diploma in Electrical Engineering) (2012)
Managing Director: Dr. Matthias Scholz
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.