Ilya Hoekerd is the head of Baker McKenzie Amsterdam’s Immigration Desk. He practices in the areas of individual and collective employment and labor law, immigration law or global mobility, data protection law and mediation or alternative dispute resolution. Ilya regularly assists and advises high-profile employees, as well as local Dutch companies, publicly traded global multinationals and their works councils. In particular, he assists clients in multidisciplinary migration projects varying from one-off short-term business visits to the comprehensive and continuous transfer of employees.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advises and assists with respect to company restructuring, redundancies and works councils and trade union disputes.
- Implements pragmatic and efficient immigration schemes to enable care free and prioritized employee mobility.
- Successfully represents clients in employment-related litigation, including, dismissal cases, interlocutory procedures, employer's occupational liability cases and several cases in relation to the (alleged) violation of non-competition restrictions.
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2007)
- University of Groningen (2006)
“Werkgeversaansprakelijkheid; zorgplicht werkgever,” Rechtspraak voor de Medezeggenschap, February 2013
"Verzoek ontbinding arbeidsovereenkomst van or-lid afgewezen,” OR Informatie, February 2013
“OR weigert instemming voor andere roostersystematiek,” OR Informatie, January 2013
“COR ING eist adviesrecht over verkoop van Europees Aziatische verzekeringstak,” OR Informatie, December 2012
“Overgang OR bij overgang van onderneming,” OR Informatie, November 2012