Pawel Hincz is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Warsaw office and head of the Life Sciences group. He has over 12 years of experience advising on M&A projects, with a focus on the health sector. He also provides regulatory advice to pharmaceutical manufacturers, manufacturers and distributors of medical devices, pharmaceutical wholesalers, pharmaceutical industry associations and medical service providers. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked in the Ministry of Health and practiced in various international and domestic law firms. Pawel often participates as a speaker in various conferences and is an author of a number of publications.
Pawel has a broad experience on M&A transactions, particularly in the health care sector. He advises pharmaceutical, medical devices and dietary supplements companies, pharmaceutical wholesale distributors, pharmacy chains, medical services providers and private equity investors on advertising, clinical trials, distribution, manufacturing registration and reimbursement matters. He also advises on investments in healthcare and has experience in compliance projects for pharmaceutical and medical devices companies. Pawel represents pharmaceutical wholesalers and pharmacy chains before the main pharmaceutical inspector and regularly works with key industry organizations involved in legislation processes.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Pawel handled the following matters:
- Advised Innova Capital private equity fund on the acquisition of 70% of shares in Ujastek sp. z o. o. Hospital.
- Advised Enterprise Investors private equity fund on the acquisition of 100% of shares in Centrum Diagnostyki i Terapii Onkologicznej sp. z o. o. from Voxel S. A.
- Advised Panasonic Healthcare Holdings Co., Ltd. on the global acquisition of Bayer AG's medical device portfolio.
- Advised Innova Capital private equity fund on the investment and operation of the NeoMedic Group.
- Advised a leading Polish pharmaceutical group on the process of establishing a pharmacy network.
- Advised a pharmaceutical company on the acquisition of a product portfolio.
- Advised a management company in one of the largest networks of medical facilities in Poland on its day-to-day operations and acquisition of other entities.
- Advised international pharmaceutical companies on the drug and medical device reimbursement in Poland.
- Advised an international pharmaceutical company on the process of drug reimbursement beyond the registration indications in the drug programme.
- Advised an international pharmaceutical company on the drug reimbursement procedure combined with an' innovative' risk-sharing instrument.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Bar Association
- Poland (2010)
- Adam Mickiewicz University (Master of Law) (2004)
Baker & McKenzie Krzyzowski i Wspólnicy Spólka Komandytowa