Fabian Hertel is a member of Baker McKenzie's Corporate and Real Estate practice groups in Berlin. Prior to joining the Firm in 2015, Mr. Hertel worked in a top tier law firm in Berlin, in the Firm’s London office and in the German Federal Ministry of Justice as part of his legal traineeship. He graduated from Humboldt University of Berlin and received an LL.M. in business law from University of Minnesota Law School.
Mr. Hertel's experience includes a five-month secondment to the German subsidiary of a major Spanish hotel operator, where he as interim general counsel was responsible for all legal matters in Central Europe.
Mr. Hertel's practice focuses on all aspects of German corporate law with particular emphasis on real estate. He advises German and international clients on national and cross-border transactions and reorganizations as well as lease agreements. He also has considerable knowledge in the field of corporate compliance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Rezidor on the partial acquisition of prizeotel and the joint venture between Rezidor and prizeotel for the operation of budget design hotels in Germany.
- Advised a Spanish hotel operator on a multimillion hotel lease agreement for a major new development in Germany.
- Counseled a Spanish hotel operator on the sale of a hotel in Switzerland.
- Assisted a leading recycling company in the formation of a multimillion joint venture with a Chinese partner.
- Germany (2015)
- High Regional Court of Berlin (Assessor Exam) (2015)
- University of California - Berkeley (Boalt Hall School of Law) (Visiting Scholar) (2011)
- University of Minnesota Law School (LL.M.) (2009)
- Humboldt University of Berlin (Referendar Exam) (2008)
- Montesquieu University Bordeaux IV (Visiting Student) (2005)