Jesús Hernández Rueda is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Tax Practice Group in Mexico City. He has over 17 years of experience in corporate tax compliance and tax consulting for Mexican entities and foreign residents in Mexico. He is knowledgeable in the preparation and presentation of all tax reports, the coordination of all types of formalities with tax authorities, and tax audits.
Jesús provides comprehensive advice on tax compliance to clients in the public and private sectors of all industries. He has extensive experience in federal tax refunds, determining the fiscal cost of shares, calculations of local and federal taxes for individuals and corporations, and tax assessment. He also handles implementation of accounting systems, calculation of deferred taxes and restatement of financial statements, standards financial information, fraud detection audits, reporting on accounting matters, compliance on prevention of money laundering and tax valuation of companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised companies on the design and implementation of procedures in compliance with tax obligations and in establishing appropriate risk management policies.
- Represented industry clients in tax audits, litigation and leniency requests from authorities, and assisted in determining omitted contributions in the audit.
- Advised various industry clients on tax implications involved in M&A transactions in Mexico.
- Designed and implemented strategies aimed at recovering VAT in favor of clients in the pharmaceutical, mining, oil, food and financial industries.
- Mexico (2008)
- Universidad del Valle de México (Degree in Law) (2016)
- Instituto Politécnico Nacional (Public Accountant) (2002)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.