Michael Herington is a senior counsel in Baker McKenzie's London office. He has worked also in the Firm's Singapore, Almaty and Chicago offices. He is a member of the Firm's M&A Practice Group and leads the Corporate team's Industrials, Manufacturing and Transportation group. He is also a member of the Energy, Mining and Infrastructure group and has particular experience in insurance transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Aggreko PLC in relation to the acquisition of Younicos AG, one of the world's leading battery storage technology groups.
- Advising Pitney-Bowes, Inc. on European divestments.
- Leading the corporate team in securing for Merchant Navy Officers Pension Fund around GPB 500 million of pension liabilities through a bulk annuity contract purchased from Lucida plc.
- Advising Idex Corporation on a number of acquisitions in various of its industrial divisions.
- Advising a large Japanese trading house on its potential acquisition from private equity in an auction context of a multinational chemical distribution business with an enterprise value in the region of USD 1 billion.
- Advised Apax Partners on its auction and proposed USD 1 billion (plus) divestment of a worldwide group of companies.
- Advising a NYSE listed company on its potential acquisition from private equity in an auction context of a multinational cable management business with an enterprise value in the region of USD 1 billion.
- Advised Sound Energy Plc on all of its transactional matters for the last 3 years, including its entry into Morocco and its development of those assets.
- Advised Baker Hughes, Inc. on a number of acquisitions, including of a sub-surface and well engineering consultancy service business from Helix Energy Solutions.
- Advised on a variety of upstream, regulatory and transactional matters in various North African countries for a major, Houston based E&P independent.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1983)
- College of Law at Guildford (S.F.E.) (1981)
- Cambridge University (Corpus Christi College) (M.A.) (1980)