Anastasia Herasimovich is an associate in the Firm’s Global Banking, Finance, Major Projects and Real Estate practice groups. Most recently Ms. Herasimovich worked at the United Nations (UN) in Belarus, advising the government and the UN on high-level strategy development and providing expert support in relation to public-private partnerships (P3). Ms. Herasimovich also spent two years in Moscow where she worked on several projects and transactions involving top Russian companies. She previously served as a member of Capital Power Corporation’s in-house legal team, where she assisted with large acquisitions of power plants and other infrastructure projects. She has also been on a detailed assignment in Switzerland, advising an investment bank on Russian project finance transactions. Having worked in the United States, Great Britain, Switzerland, Russia and Belarus, Ms. Herasimovich brings a variety of experience to the Firm. She is also a strong supporter of the Firm's pro bono efforts.
Ms. Herasimovich focuses on representing various actors on international and domestic aspects of infrastructure development, construction, public-private partnerships (P3), project finance, real estate, foreign investment and cross-border finance. Ms. Herasimovich also has capital markets experience assisting investment banks and issuers, including major Russian oil and gas companies, in connection with public offerings. Ms. Herasimovich regularly advises clients in the United States and foreign jurisdictions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented one of Europe's biggest grocery chains in connection with the development and construction of multiple stores and distribution centers in the United States valued at more than USD300 million.
- Advised a major religious institution in connection with its worldwide construction plans, including development of multiple structuring memoranda and jurisdiction-specific services, pre-construction and construction agreements.
- Advised a leading international alcohol producer on its USD2 billion beer brewery construction in Latin America based on complex CMA and CMR delivery models.
- Assisted a major growth-oriented North American independent power producer with a USD670 million acquisition of 1060 MW natural gas-fired combined cycle power generation facilities in the United States.
- Represented a large European transportation group in its USD250 million acquisition of a controlling stake in a leading metro construction group.
- Advised a major Russian power generating company in connection with project financing and development of the EPC/EPCM and equipment lease agreements for the modernization of its power facilities.
- Advised a Swiss project finance investment bank in connection with several project and commercial finance transactions, including secured and unsecured bank lending.
- Assisted a publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) with its USD 70 million acquisition of preferred equity interests in a U.S. wind farm.
- Advised several global airlines and lenders on numerous aircraft and engine acquisitions, leasing and financing transactions, including pre-delivery financing, registration of aircraft in the United States, protecting, perfecting and enforcing ownership and security interests, and issuing legal opinions on enforceability of associated legal documents.
- Advised one of the largest public investment companies in its USD500 million Regulation S/Rule 144A offering on the Irish Stock Exchange.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Section on Business Law & International Law
- American Bar Association - Corporate Social Responsibility Steering Committee
- American Bar Association - Russia/Eurasia Steering Committee, Co-chair
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Northwestern University Law School - Global Connection Committee
- Chicago Council on Global Affairs - Member
- Illinois~United States (2011)
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D. International Law) (2010)
- Northwestern University School of Law (LL.M. Honors) (2008)
- Swarthmore College (B.A. Political Science and German) (2006)
- European Humaninties University (Bachelor's Degree Law magna cum laude) (2005)
- Europa Univ. Frankfurt/Oder (Exchange) (2004)
Contributing drafter, 2016 Annual Review of Russian and Belarusian Laws on Public-Private Partnerships, ABA International Law Section
Contributing drafter, 2014 Annual Review of International Investment and Development in Belarus, ABA International Law Section
Co-organizer, 2016 Eurasian Business Forum, Baker & McKenzie LLP in Chicago in cooperation with the Moscow Committee of Chicago Sister Cities International
Moderator, "PPP's Role in Development of the Investment Climate in Belarus," International Entrepreneurship Week, Belarus, 2015
Speaker, "Legal Representation of PPP Projects: Best International Practices" and "EPC Contracts in PPPs," Global PPP Days, Belarus, 2014