Dr. Ulrich Hennings LL.M.
Ulrich Hennings has acted as a transactional and corporate lawyer for more than 30 years. After having focused in the nineties on the privatization of companies in East Germany, he focused on Mergers & Acquisitions and corporate law in connection with national and trans-border transactions and reorganizations with a special focus on hotel related deals including acquisitions, hotel lease and management agreements.
Ulrich regularly advises German and international clients on M&A and real estate transactions, in particular in the area "Hotels and Resorts".
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised D. H. Deutsche Hospitality Ltd. on the sale of Steigenberger Hotels AG.
- Has acted as counsel for a French hotel group on the sale of a portfolio consisting of 10 hotels.
- Advised a French hotel operator on a management agreement regarding a luxury hotel in Türkiye.
- Advised a Thai investor on the acquisition of eight hotels located in Germany.
- Advised a US hotel management company on the management agreement for a hotel project in Berlin.
- Advised a German fund on the prolongation of a hotel lease agreement and on the later sale of the respective hotel.
- Acted as counsel for Al Rayyan Tourism & Investment Company W.L.L. in connection with a purchase agreement on two five-star hotels (Grand Hyatt Hotel and Maritim Hotel) in Berlin.
- Advised an investor on the purchase agreement of the five-star hotel "The Charles" in Munich.
- Represented the Rezidor Group in connection with a number of major hotel lease agreements of city and airport hotels.
- Acted as counsel for Rezidor Group on a joint venture with "prizeotel" and the later acquisition of all shares of "prizeotel".
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Berlin - Member
- Berlin~Germany (1991)
- Frankfurt/M.~Germany (1988)
- University of Miami (LL.M.) (1988)
- University of Freiburg (Dr. jur.) (1987)
- State of Bavaria (Second State Exam) (1986)
- University of Munich (First State Exam) (1982)
Publications and Presentations
Ulrich gives on a regular basis hotel related lectures at hotel congresses in Germany.
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.