Dr. Udo Henkel
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern
Dr. Udo Henkel is a member of the Firm’s German/Austrian Corporate Practice Group. He has written various articles on subjects related to his area of practice, including "Contracts for Groups of Companies" for Münchener Anwaltshandbuch. He is a member of the board of the Deutsch-Japanische Juristenvereinigung (German Japanese Lawyers Association) and is admitted to practice in Munich. Furthermore he is a member of the steering committee of the Global Automotive Group and chairs the steering committee of the European Automotive Group. He also is a member of the steering committee of the German Corporate Reorganization Group.
Dr. Henkel is highly experienced in corporate M&A and joint venture transactions. He has successfully assisted clients — including leading enterprises, financial investors and public authorities — in acquiring and selling large enterprises, as well as in the reorganization of corporate entities. He also focuses his practice on the corporate and tax restructuring of domestic and international enterprises.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Serviceplan Group in the acquisition of hmmh multimediahaus AG.
- Represented Gruner + Jahr AG in the sale of G+J Entertainment Media GmbH.
- Represented Knorr-Bremse in the parallel acquisition of PCS Power Converter Solutions GmbH and of Transtechnik GmbH & Co KG.
- Represented Mahle GmbH in the participation in Behr GmbH & Co KG.
- Represented Serafin Privat Holding GmbH in the acquisition of the CONICA Sports Surfaces Business from BASF and in the acquisition of Teijn Monofilament Germany GmbH from Teijn Ltd. Japan.
- Represented Siemens AG / Osram GmbH in the acquisition of the German based Siteco Lighting Group.
- Advised Veolia Transport as bidder in the auction process for the sale of Arriva Deutschland.
- Represented Archer Daniels Midland in the acquisition of German-based chocolate manufacturer Schokinag group and in the acquisition of a biodiesel plant from Campa GmbH.
- Represented Beiersdorf AG in the acquisition of China-based hair care group C-BONS.
- Represented Siemens AG in the sale of its German-based locomotive leasing subsidiary Dispolok GmbH to Mitsui Ltd.
- Represented the Japan group Minebea Ltd. in the acquisition of the German based Myonic GmbH.
- The Best Lawyers in Germany 2022 edition for Private Equity Law since 2009
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Germany (1984)
- University of Muenster (Dr. jur.) (1989)
- Higher Regional Court Hamburg (Assessor Exam) (1984)
- University of Muenster (Referendar Exam) (1981)
- Certified Tax Advisor (Steuerberater)
- University of Freiburg
- University of Hamburg
Co-author (with Sonja Klein, Christian Port, Lars Haverkamp, Thomas Schänzle), contributed article in handbook "Steuerrecht international tätiger Unternehmen," Verlag Dr. Otto Schmidt, 5th edition, 3 April 2018
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.