Haden is a New York qualified partner in the Firm’s Corporate Finance group in London. Prior to joining the Firm in September 2018, he worked in a leading US law firm in London. Haden has experience working on a wide range of corporate finance transactions, including high yield debt offerings, liability management transactions and syndicated credit facilities. Haden has also worked for an extended period on secondment at a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm in its leveraged finance team.
Haden’s practice focuses on corporate finance transactions with a particular emphasis on high yield debt offerings. Haden regularly acts for corporations, private equity funds, investment banks and underwriters on leveraged transactions involving high yield debt offerings and commitment financing processes. Haden also regularly works on the syndicated loan side of transactions as well as out-of-court debt restructurings, including debt exchange and tender offers. Haden’s practice also includes the representation of corporations in connection with complex cross-border corporate and securities law matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for the initial purchasers in connection with the issuance by VTR Finance N.V. and VTR Comunicaciones SpA, subsidiaries of Liberty Latin America, of USD 550 million aggregate principal amount of 6.375% senior notes due 2028 and USD 600 million aggregate principal amount of 5.125% senior secured notes due 2028, respectively.
- Acting for the joint lead managers in connection with the issuance by VEON of RUB 20 billion (USD 290 million) aggregate principal amount of 6.3% senior unsecured notes due 2025 under its Global Medium Term Note program.
- Acting for a leading investment bank in connection with the private placement add-on of USD 90 million of 6.750% senior secured notes due 2027 by LCPR Senior Secured Financing Designated Activity Company in connection with Liberty Communications PR Holding LP’s USD 1.95 billion acquisition of AT&T’s operations in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
- Acting for the arrangers and dealers on the establishment of a USD 6.5 billion Global Medium Term Note programme by VEON, a leading global provider of connectivity and internet services.
- Acting for Impala Platinum Holdings Limited with respect to the financing arrangements for its acquisition of North American Palladium, with a deal value of approximately CAD 1 billion.
- Acting for the initial purchasers on the USD 2.1 billion (equivalent) dual-tranche high yield bond offering by certain subsidiaries of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, comprised of a USD 1 billion 7.125% five-year tranche and a EUR 1 billion 6.000% five-year tranche. Advised the dealer managers on the concurrent 3 tiered priority-acceptance tender offer to purchase up to USD 1.5 billion of certain of its other outstanding bonds.
- Acting for the initial purchasers in connection with the issuance by Cabot Financial (Luxembourg) II S.A. of EUR 400 million aggregate principal amount of senior secured floating rate notes due 2024.
- Acting for the lenders with respect to a USD 2.3 billion credit facility for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited and certain of its subsidiaries.
- Acting for the board of directors of TelePizza Group, S.A. on the financing aspects of KKR’s offer for TelePizza Group, S.A., including EUR 335 million of high yield bonds.
Notable transactions completed by Haden prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for Partners Group in connection with various leveraged finance investments including as a second lien lender in connection with Nordic Capital’s successful bid for Alloheim.
- England & Wales (Registered Foreign Lawyer) (2018)
- New York~United States (2015)
- New Zealand (2007)
- Cambridge University (M.Phil proxime accesserunt) (2010)
- University of Auckland (LLB) (2007)
- University of Auckland (BHSc) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.