Haden is a New York qualified partner in the Firm’s Corporate Finance group in London. Prior to joining the Firm in September 2018, he worked in a leading US law firm in London. Haden has experience working on a wide range of corporate finance transactions, including high yield debt offerings, liability management transactions and syndicated credit facilities. Haden has also worked for an extended period on secondment at a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm in its leveraged finance team.
Haden’s practice focuses on corporate finance transactions with a particular emphasis on high yield debt offerings. Haden regularly acts for corporations, private equity funds, investment banks and underwriters on leveraged transactions involving high yield debt offerings and commitment financing processes. Haden also regularly works on the syndicated loan side of transactions as well as out-of-court debt restructurings, including debt exchange and tender offers. Haden’s practice also includes the representation of corporations in connection with complex cross-border corporate and securities law matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for Impala Platinum Holdings Limited with respect to the financing arrangements for its acquisition of North American Palladium, with a deal value of approximately CAD 1 billion.
- Acting for the initial purchasers on the US$2.1 billion (equivalent) dual-tranche high yield bond offering by certain subsidiaries of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, comprised of a US$1 billion 7.125% five-year tranche and a EUR 1 billion 6.000% five-year tranche. Advised the dealer managers on the concurrent 3 tiered priority-acceptance tender offer to purchase up to US$1.5 billion of certain of its other outstanding bonds.
- Acting for the initial purchasers in connection with the issuance by Cabot Financial (Luxembourg) II S.A. of EUR 400 million aggregate principal amount of senior secured floating rate notes due 2024.
- Acting for the lenders with respect to a USD 2.3 billion credit facility for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited and certain of its subsidiaries.
- Acting for the board of directors of TelePizza Group, S.A. on the financing aspects of KKR’s offer for TelePizza Group, S.A., including EUR 335 million of high yield bonds.
Notable transactions completed by Haden prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for Partners Group in connection with various leveraged finance investments including as a second lien lender in connection with Nordic Capital’s successful bid for Alloheim.
- Acting for Samsonite International S.A., the world’s largest travel luggage company, on the offering of EUR 350 million 3.5% Senior Notes due 2026 by Samsonite Finco S.a r.l.
- Acting for an ad hoc committee of noteholders in the proposed restructuring of USD 500 million of senior notes issued by subsidiaries of Rolta India Limited.
- Acting for Hellman & Friedman and GIC with respect to the financing arrangements for their acquisition of Allfunds Bank S.A., with a deal value of approximately EUR 1.8 billion. The financing arrangements included the offering of EUR 575 million senior secured PIK notes due 2024, the first ever high yield bond issuance by a standalone fund distribution platform business.
- Acting for the initial purchasers in connection with the EUR 3 billion (equivalent) offering of Senior Notes by Intrum Justitia AB in connection with its merger with Lindorff, creating the leading credit management provider in Europe with operations in 23 countries.
- Acting for Kaisa Group, a Hong Kong-listed real estate company operating in China, in connection with the restructuring of its offshore liabilities and related issuance of USD 2.77 billion high yield notes, USD 259 million mandatory convertible bonds and contingent value rights.
- Acting for Liberty Global plc in connection with the financing arrangements for its acquisition of Cable & Wireless Communications plc, with a deal value of approximately GBP 3.5 billion.
- Acting for Liberty Global plc in connection with the bank and bond financing for its takeover offer to acquire Dutch listed cable company Ziggo N.V., with a deal value of approximately EUR 10 billion.
- Acting for Virgin Media Inc. in connection with a USD 1.5 billion (equivalent) high yield financing.
- Acting for Liberty Global Plc in connection with the bank and bond financing for its USD 23.3 billion acquisition of Virgin Media Inc.
- England & Wales (Registered Foreign Lawyer) (2018)
- New York~United States (2015)
- New Zealand (2007)
- Cambridge University (M.Phil proxime accesserunt) (2010)
- University of Auckland (LLB) (2007)
- University of Auckland (BHSc) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.