Dr. Katia Helbig is a counsel in the Munich office of Baker McKenzie. She has more than 17 years of experience advising national and international companies on all areas of information technology law, including computer/software, media, telecommunications, internet and data privacy law. Before joining the Firm, she has worked as legal director in a leading media company and for a major international law firm.
Katia advises German and international clients on all legal aspects related to information technology law, including computer law, media law, internet law, e-commerce law, intellectual property law, data protection law and telecommunications law. Her practice includes advising clients on complex outsourcing contracts, hardware and software contracts, e-commerce and data protection issues.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Katia handled the following matters:
- Advised globally acting companies on complex IT outsourcing projects.
- Advised international companies on software licensing and IT service agreements.
- Advised international companies on global implementation of divers IT systems.
- Advised an international company on the introduction of a new CRM system.
- Advised a media company on distribution agreements with global telecommunication operators.
- Advised international companies on the implementation of data privacy concepts.
- Germany (2000)
- University of Edinburgh (LLM) (2000)
- University of Munich (Dr. jur.) (2000)
- Regional Court Munich (Assessor Exam) (1996)
- University of Wuerzburg (Referendar Exam) (1993)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten, Wirtschaftsprüfern und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.