Roger Hegglin is a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group in Baker McKenzie Zurich. Prior to joining the Firm in 2013, he worked as a law clerk at a business law firm in Zug and at the Cantonal Court of Zug. Roger was admitted to the Swiss bar in 2013 and is qualified to act as a civil law notary in the Canton of Zug. In 2017, he obtained an additional master’s degree (LLM) from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
Roger advises international and domestic clients on mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations and restructuring, general corporate and commercial matters as well as on banking and finance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised several multinational and domestic companies on the acquisition of shares in Swiss companies.
- Counseled several multinational listed companies on reorganizations of their group structure.
- Organized and implemented a squeeze-out merger under Swiss law after having advised on the acquisition of a plus-90% majority position in a Swiss entity.
- Advised multinational companies on their migrations to foreign jurisdictions and changes of their legal entity structures.
- Advised several Swiss banks in debt financing transactions.
- Assists clients in all general corporate related matters and corporate housekeeping.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- Switzerland (2013)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (Master of Laws with distinction) (2017)
- University of Lucerne (Master of Laws) (2010)
- Fordham University School of Law (Exchange Student) (2008)
- University of Lucerne (Bachelor of Laws) (2008)