Melissa is a competition law specialist currently working at Baker McKenzie’s Singapore office and previously with the Brussels team. Her practice covers the full spectrum of competition law issues including advising clients on managing and implementing multi-jurisdictional merger control transactions, counselling clients on sophisticated R&D, technology licensing and distribution agreements, horizontal cooperation arrangements, competition law investigations including cartel and abuse of dominance claims and litigation before the European Courts. Melissa also advises clients on other areas of regulatory compliance, including the UK gambling and lotteries legislation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a global agribusiness conglomerate on multijurisdictional merger control issues arising from a JV arrangement and obtain merger control clearance in five jurisdictions across AP and Europe.
- Assisting a global engineering and manufacturing conglomerate on its response in respect of a refusal to supply abuse of dominance investigation in Singapore.
- Assisted a global dairy company in its response to a market sector inquiry in Singapore.
- Advising multinational pharmaceutical companies on transitioning from traditional independent reseller model to an agency or direct selling relationship in Asia Pacific and globally.
- Acting on the appeal of one of the EU Commission’s first pay-for-delay patent settlement agreement investigations.
- Acting on the appeal of an EU delegated regulation for a major FMCG company.
- Advised clients in the iron, steel and glass sectors on challenge to the Commission's ETS Benchmarking decision in national courts and planned referral to the EU Court of Justice.
- Advising a multinational fruit company develop and implement its global competition law compliance programme.
- Advising a global engineering and consumer goods company implement a revised competition law compliance programme in Asia Pacific, including new dawn raid response procedures.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2013)
- New York~United States (2009)
Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.