Wenchao's practice includes a wide range of advisory, transactional, and adversarial employment law issues. She provides strategic employment counselling and develops practical employment solutions for multinational corporations.
Wenchao has significant experience in human resources management and labor relations, workforce restructuring, transfer and terminations, wages and hours, benefits issues, executive compensation and tax planning, labor union issues, strikes and unrests, work safety and occupational health, mobility and immigration, employment policy creation and implementation, trade secrets, restrictive covenants, employee invention, privacy, labor disputes, and employment issues in connection with cross-border transactions and business re-organization.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided advice to a multinational textile and clothing company with terminations involving 1,000 employees in connection with factory closure.
- Assisted a multinational electronics manufacturing services company with compliance audits on social insurance and housing fund practices covering numerous factories located in 9 cities, and advised on potential non-compliance claims involving tens of thousands of employees.
- Advised a multinational steel company in workforce restructuring involving termination and re-assignment of hundreds of employees in 6 business lines and 16 cities.
- Advised several multinational technology or retail companies on comprehensive employment issues and regulatory requirements in connection with China expansion or national-wide survey projects.
- Assisted multiple companies with employment issues related to M&A transactions such as workforce restructuring, employee transfers and employee terminations.
- Columbia University (LLM) (2018)
- China University of Political Science & Law (LLB) (2013)
Contributor, Global Legal Guide for Luxury and Fashion Companies, Baker McKenzie, 2015
Contributor, Employment Law and Practice in China (Second edition), Sweet & Maxwell, 2014
Speaker, “Poor Performance Terminations”, Baker McKenzie Annual China Employment Law Seminar, 2017
Speaker, “Discrimination”, Baker McKenzie Annual China Employment Law Seminar, 2016
Speaker, “Avoiding the Headaches Caused by Employees on Protracted Sick Leave”, Baker McKenzie Employment Roundtable, 2016