Seraj Haroun is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate and M&A Practice Group in Johannesburg. He acts for clients in transactions and reorganizations across a broad range of sectors and industries.
Seraj focuses on domestic and cross-border private M&A and corporate reorganizations. He has extensive experience in complex transactions involving coordination of legal capabilities across multiple jurisdictions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Symantec Corporation on the South African leg of the USD 8 billion global disposal of its information management business.
- Advised Brenntag on its acquisition of chemical distribution companies Plastichem (South Africa) and Thread Management (Mauritius).
- Advised an S&P 500 manufacturing company on the South African leg of its global reorganization in over 50 countries.
- Acted for Daimler AG in its disposal of certain motor dealerships and real estate in the Western Cape province of South Africa.
- Acted for Brenntag in its acquisition of Warren Chem Specialities, a leading South African chemical distribution company.
- Next Generation Lawyer, Commercial, Corporate and M&A, Legal 500 EMEA 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of the Northern Provinces - Member
- New York Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2012)
- South Africa~South Africa (2008)
- University of Cape Town (LL.B.) (2005)
- University of Cape Town (Bachelor's Degree Business Sciences) (2005)