Representative Legal Matters
- Defended a national, high-end restaurant chain against allegations of systemic sex discrimination.
- Defended a commercial airline against allegations of systemic disability discrimination.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing misclassification and failure to pay overtime claims under the FLSA on behalf of drilling contractor.
- Defeated conditional certification of FLSA collective action for national fitness club chain.
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of commercial airline of meal and rest break claim on the basis that such claim was preempted by the Airline Deregulation Act.
- Represented a chemical company in large ERISA Section 204(h) notice class action. Certiorari denied by the US Supreme Court.
- Obtained victory for natural gas producer in labor dispute (grievance, arbitration, and district and appellate litigation) resulting from internal restructuring.
- Represented a natural gas producer in a union organizing campaign.
- Prepared affirmative action programs and advised management on OFCCP audits and compliance.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas~United States (2015)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas~United States (2011)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (2010)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas~United States (2008)
- Texas~United States (2007)
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D.) (2007)
- University of Texas (Bachelor of Business Administration summa cum laude) (2003)
Interview, "Title VII Charge-Filing Requirement", Thomson Reuter's GC Agenda, August/September 2019
Co-author, US chapter, Worldwide Guide to Termination, Employment Discrimination, and Workplace Harassment Laws, 2009
Contributor, The Employer Report
Co-author, "Service Charge Leads to Class Action Lawsuit," Food Service Monthly, May 2011
Editorial assistant, Developing Labor Law
Editorial assistant, Age Discrimination in Employment Law