Mathias Hansson is a member of Baker McKenzie's Capital Markets Practice Group in Stockholm. Prior to joining the Firm in 2018, he was a partner at several leading law firms and was based in their London and Stockholm offices.
Mathias is variously recommended by Chambers Europe, Who is Who legal, IFLR and Legal 500 both in Sweden and in England. He has been listed in UK Spotlight table for capital markets and described therein as “a prime choice for international transactions” and “very responsive and commercial with a great understanding of clients’ businesses.”
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Mathias has advised in connection with the following representative legal matters:
- Advised an international commodity trading house on the exclusive dealership agreement with a major mill in the Republic of Belarus, described as a milestone project for the forestry sector and the Belarussian economy in general.
- Advised Frasdale International B.V. as seller in connection with the acquisition of shares in D. Carnegie AB (publ) by funds managed by Blackstone.
- Advised fintech group Wint on private placements by way of equity and convertible loan notes offerings.
- Advised a national pension fund as part of the consortium acquiring Fortum Distribution AB.
- Advised a national pension fund on the establishment of the Secore joint venture with ICA Fastigheter and the acquisition in connection therewith of 13 commercial properties from ICA Fastigheter.
- Advised Golden Heights on the issuance and listing of bonds on NASDAQ Corporate Bond Market.
- Advised on the establishment of Axactor AB (publ) and the associated rights offering and private placement to institutional investors.
- Advised an international bank as agent in connection with buyback programs for issuers listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.
- Advised on the listing on NASDAQ Stockholm of Etrion Inc. (dual listed in Toronto), EnQuest Plc (dual listed on London Stock Exchange), Seamless Distribution AB (publ) (move from First North to NASDAQ Stockholm).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association - Member (Registered as EU Advokat)
- Sweden (2011)
- England & Wales (2003)
- BPP Law School (LPC) (2001)
- College of Law at Guildford (CPE) (2000)
- University of Gothenburg (LLM) (1998)