Petra Hanselmann is a partner in the Firm’s Zurich office. She graduated from the University of Zurich Law School in 2002 and after her bar admission in Switzerland in 2005, she obtained an LL.M. in corporate law from New York University in 2007. She previously worked with Baker McKenzie in 2005 and 2006, before rejoining the firm in 2011. She has also worked with other major law firms in New York and in Zurich.
Petra's professional practice is focused on advising domestic and international clients in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate restructurings, business successions as well as general corporate law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a global technology company in connection with acquisitions in Switzerland.
- Represented funds advised by Ambienta in connection with their investment into SF Filter AG and its subsidiaries.
- Advised IST Investmentstiftung für Personalvorsorge in connection with its acquisition of a stake in Swissgrid from Alpiq AG.
- Advised Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. with its acquisition of Oncoethix SA.
- Advised Sulzer AG in relation to its sale of the Metco business to OC Oerlikon.
- Represented funds advised by Gilde Buy out Partners and the management of RIRI SA on the acquisition of RIRI SA from Synergo.
- Advised in several major domestic and cross-border reorganization and restructurings including the spin-off of a listed entity and the cross-border relocation of a listed entity.
- Advised in connection with various post M&A integration and restructuring matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- Switzerland (2005)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M. Corporate Law) (2007)
- University of Zurich (lic. iur.) (2002)
Co-author, Warranty & Indemnity Insurance und Private Equity, in: Gericke, Dieter, Private Equity VI, PE 6.0: Neue Mitspieler, neue Technologien, neue Themen, neues Recht, Schulthess, 2018
Author, Commentary on articles 29 and 30 of the Swiss Merger Act, in: Stämpflis Handkommentar, Fusionsgesetz, 2nd Edition, 2015