Inez Handzlik is a member of the Public Private Partnerships Practice in Baker McKenzie's Infrastructure Group in Warsaw. Prior to joining the Firm in 2013, she worked for four years in the infrastructure group of an international law office in Warsaw.
Ms. Handzlik advises private and public entities on legal issues connected with public procurement law and public private partnerships. She participates in the development of transaction structures and preparation of legal analyses concerning infrastructural, PPP and concession projects. She works with Polish and international clients, providing comprehensive legal assistance in regulatory and corporate matters as well as drafting commercial contracts.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised and represented SITA Zielona Energia sp. z o.o. in the procedure for selecting a private partner for the construction and operation of a waste incineration plant in Poznań using the PPP model. The deal was valued at PLN3.5 billion.
- Acted for PIR S.A. in relation to financing the MPEC PPP project in Olsztyn.
- Advised PIR S.A. in connection with the possibility of participating in PPP projects and various methods of financing PPP projects by PIR S.A.
- Assisted JC Decaux with respect to construction of bus shelters in Warsaw using the concession model
- Counseled the city of Katowice in relation to the construction and management of Aqua park using the PPP model.
- Counseled the city of Katowice in relation to the management and organization of events in SPODEK Katowice and International Convention Centre using the concession model.
- Advised Alstom Power sp. z o.o. in relation to public procurement legal matters in Poland.
- Advised Generalna Dyrekcja Dróg Krajowych i Autostrad in relation to project structures, public procurement law and general contract issues in Poland.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Bar of Advocates - Member
- Poland (2014)
- University of Warsaw (Master of Laws)